Friday 28 October 2011

Baseline Scan

What a day of up and downs! Went to the Newcastle Fertility Centre today for a scan to see if the down regulation had worked and thankfully it has. I was a bit worried as I have had very few symptoms so far but I think I have been lucky. Scan went fine other than a shy left ovary but I do seem to have fewer folicles now than I did at the end of July which is a bit concerning but the doctor didn't seem concerned. As I have fewer folicles, I am less likely to suffer from over stimulation so I don't need to go for as many blood tests and scans which will be easier. Unfortunately, our injection lesson didn't go too well as the nurse was unfamiliar with the pre-filled pens we are going to be using. I have found some useful videos on youtube however and the nurse at Guy's has talked me through it over the phone. It all sounds easy enough. I think it is going to be more difficult psychologically than physically! We then had a bit of a panic when the nurse from Guy's asked if we could put starting stimulation back two days, which would mean my first scan would fall on a Sunday. I pointed out that this would not be possible. Finally, we have gone back to plan A after an hour of worrying, so I will be starting injections tomorrow evening. Trying not to think about the injections will see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment